World Family Day
Every year on May 15, the International Day of Families is held to increase awareness of the value of families in fostering social and economic growth. The holiday offers a chance to consider how families fit into society and to advocate for family welfare all across the world.
History Of International Day of Families
International Day of Family was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 1993 to promote awareness of family issues and strengthen family bonds. The day is observed every year on 15 May, and each year has a different theme that highlights different aspects of family life and the challenges faced by families around the world.
International Day of Families 2023 Theme
“Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG13” is the topic of the 2023 International Day of Families. The focus of this year’s topic is on how families can help resist climate change and realize Sustainable Development Goal 13, which aims to lessen its effects.
In order to minimize people’s and communities’ carbon footprints, families must actively promote sustainable lives and activities. They can also function as a voice for environmental causes, influencing public opinion and establishing social standards.
Importance International Day of Families
The holiday serves as a chance to recognize the variety of families and to advance family well-being. It offers a chance to acknowledge the significant contributions families make to society and to advocate laws that encourage strong families.
Let’s reaffirm our dedication to advancing family well-being and creating a sustainable and fair future for all on this International Day of Families.
International day of families activities
For the International Day of Families, consider the following activities:-
- Family picnic: Gather your loved ones for an enjoyable picnic in your lawn or a nearby park. Together, prepare nutritious meals and snacks, play games, and enjoy quality time.
- Create a garden with your family: Make the most of the nicer weather by creating a garden with your family. This is a fantastic method to teach your kids about sustainability and the environment.
- Virtual family game nighT : A virtual family game night might be planned if you are unable to spend time with your family in person. Online versions of trivia, Pictionary, and charades are available.
- Family movie night: Pick a movie that the whole family will like, get some popcorn, and snuggle up for a relaxing family movie night.
- Family Photo album: Make a family photo book to relive the past. Look at old pictures while exchanging recollections and experiences.
- Family fitness challenge: Set a fitness goal for your family. This might be a family yoga class, a bike trip, or a fun run or stroll.
- Write letters to each other : Take the time to send each other emotional letters in which you express your love and gratitude for one another.
- Volunteering: Engage in a community service project as a family. You might provide a hand in your town or as a volunteer at a nearby charity.
- Family art project : Work together to complete a family art project, such as a mural or a quilt. Each member of the family may offer a special contribution.
- Family history and storytelling: Tell your loved ones tales from your family’s past. This might be a wonderful opportunity to discover more about the history and customs of your family.
Spending time together and celebrating the love and connection that make your family special is what’s most essential, keep in mind.